World's Smallest Mother Is Pregnant Again

Stacey Herald, considered to be the world's smallest mother, is defying the odds and is about to give birth to her third baby - a son - in a few weeks.

She's only 2ft 4in (or 28 inches) tall.

The 35-year-old Dry Ridge, Kentucky, resident suffers from Osteogenesis Imperfecta, which causes brittle bones and underdeveloped lungs, and means she failed to grow.

Because of the condition, doctors advised a baby would grow so large inside her tiny body it would eventually crush her organs. But then she became pregnant.

"They all told me that I would die. They begged me not to have a baby. Even my mother said,' You know you won't survive right?," she said. "I told her: 'It's a miracle that I am here, that I have life, why couldn't this be a miracle too?'"

After 28 weeks, doctors performed a cesarean section and delivered her daughter. The next year she became pregnant again. After 34 weeks doctors another a cesarean section.

Does she has plans for more children?

"All my babies are miracles, but we haven't thought about if we're going to have some more, as they're a real handful right now," Stacey said. "We didn't plan to have more than two kids, we just think that they're a great gift to the world, and when I look at them I see Will and I feel so full of love, it's tough not to want more."

And, yes, we see you staring at the screen: Her husband is 5'9". Her first daughter inherited her condition; the second daughter will grow to "average" height.














Source: dailymail
 
Best viewed on Chrome, Firefox, Opera & Safari browsers also high resolutions.

Copyright © 2014 Panic Views™. Powered by Blogger™